Tuesday, June 3, 2014

03.06.2014 Update

Thanks to a good old friend of mine, I got the data I need for some simple backtesting. Now ordering the data.

Had a very busy day but to keep disciplined which is another trait of a succesful trader I better share my observation for my trades. Some say each trade requires attention.Any time new information coming up,most of which is noise. I know when to take action like exit and profit taking levels.But there can be a significant news which might alter these levels.Of course for a system to be completely mechanical you have to take out the decision making after executing the trade. But I am not sure if thats the best way. We will see.


Daily Charts are below:

Crude oil found support around 102.And is trading at 102.71 at the time I am writing this post.Looks like a bounce will follow.For my scenario to realize or at least to achieve my initial target at 99.25, seems like 102 has to be broken.

Istanbul stock exchange opened 1% up but closed with a minor up day aat 78818. This strengthens the follow through scenario for the down move.We will see.

My theretical result for the open trades is below:

Note that I dont consider trade execution cost in this experiment which will be significant if I would trade this sizes. To enter /exit a trade costs around 8 euros on average using my current service provider Binck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment